A resident of Gidan-Bijimi in Kawu, Bwari Area Council, Mr. Thomas Wahab Sarki, has recounted how he narrowly escaped during a night attack that left several members of his extended family abducted. Speaking to journalists, the retired health worker said the armed group contacted him afterward and claimed they had been sent specifically to kill him.
According to reports, the attackers stormed the quiet settlement at about 9:37 p.m. on Wednesday, arriving with sophisticated weapons. Gidan-Bijimi is a border community close to Marke in Kaduna State, an area that has experienced repeated security challenges.
Sarki said he had been preparing for a family burial when the assault began. After briefly stepping out to buy airtime, he returned home and sat behind his house to make calls. It was there he heard suspicious sounds, which he initially mistook for fireworks until he heard voices threatening one of his sons. Realizing the danger, he crawled into the bush and hid while watching the attack unfold from a safe distance.
During the invasion, the assailants moved through his home and surrounding rooms, eventually abducting six young girls and a teenage boy. Three nursing mothers who were also taken were later released. He said the attackers ransacked his home and carted away cash belonging to him and his son before leaving the area.
Sarki stated that when he later received a phone call from the group, their leader claimed they had come to eliminate him but decided to take the children after they did not find him.
Your phone could be secretly spying on you. Turn off these 3 settings immediately before it’s too late — See, Detail
You keep dreaming of snakes, floods, or your old house? Here’s what it really means spiritually — See, Now















Leave a Reply