Former Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki has responded firmly to comments from his successor, Governor Monday Okpebholo, insisting that no one can prevent him from visiting Benin City. The reaction follows a press conference in which Obaseki said Okpebholo allegedly warned him not to return to the city.
In a video shared by TheCable on Monday, December 1, 2025, Obaseki described the governor’s statements as a personal threat. He emphasized that being born in Oredo, Benin City, gives him the right to enter his hometown freely and without fear.
“Last week this governor had a disgraceful press conference where he was threatening me, somebody born in Oredo. This is a villager telling me that I cannot come to Benin and when I come to Benin he will show me. When I am ready to go, we will all come,” Obaseki said, reaffirming his intention to return confidently.
The former governor criticized the use of threats over governance, stressing that no official has the authority to dictate where citizens, including former leaders, can go within their own state. He urged respect for the rights of residents and former officeholders alike.
Your phone could be secretly spying on you. Turn off these 3 settings immediately before it’s too late, See, Detail
You Keep Dreaming of Snakes, Floods, or Your Old House? Here’s What It Really Means Spiritually, See, Now















Leave a Reply